Nvidia-grafikkort, VGA + DVI->HDMI fungerar inte korrekt, supporten suger

Permalänk
Medlem

Nvidia-grafikkort, VGA + DVI->HDMI fungerar inte korrekt, supporten suger

Hej alla hårdvaru-gurus!

Jag har ett problem med min nybyggda HTPC! Grafikkortet beter sig mycket underligt. Nedan följer mina diskussioner med XFX support. Värdelösa är de...

Någon som har någon idé? Bara att byta kortet mot ett ATI-kort kanske?

[Fredric - 2006/05/10]
A. When using only VGA everything is fine!

B. When using VGA + DVI (8-inch LCD on VGA and HD Ready Panasonic PT-AE900E on DVI) there are several issues:

1. When booting Windows XP startup is delayed roughly 2 minutes compared to (A).

2. When Windows has started there is no image on either display. (A messagebox is probably displayed since I hear a sound usually played when error messages are displayed).

(C) When I start the computer with _only_ VGA and connect DVI when Windows is running I get image on both displays. I can choose Single Display, Clone, Vertical Span, Horizontal Span. But _Dual View_ is not available in the drop down box. This is not acceptable since I want to use 1024x768 on VGA and 1280x720 on DVI. I have tried the bundled drivers as well as the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com. Please advice, should I get another graphicscard (i.e. ATI board) or can these issues be solved by firmware update? Would be grateful for a speedy reply in case I need to return the product.

[PAULV - 2006/05/11] Hi, thanks for your message and sorry to hear you are experiencing problems. This can be caused by lack of power in some cases so we would advise trying an alternate PSU or trying the card on another system. Please keep us posted if any problems. Kind regards Paul

[Fredric - 2006/05/11] It's not the power supply, how on earth could the power supply remove the option "dual-view" from the display driver settings? Have you tried the card with VGA + DVI? The scrambled BIOS screen is easily tested. You don't even have to have an operating system installed. Just plug in both VGA and DVI (DVI -> HDMI of projector in my case) and start the computer and you will see that BIOS text is nothing but garbage. Since the drivers aren't active here I suspect something is wrong with the firmware for XFX Geforce 6600LE 256 MB PCI-Express. Please advice if you will try this out and attempt a fix. If you will not investigate further, please send me an email to fredric@s3m.com that I can forward to the computer dealer and get a refund.

[TONY - 2006/05/12] Hi, we suspect it is a power issue as the power circuit is under more stress on startup than after windows has loaded. There is no problems with the BIOS on this model, but have you modified the BIOS or do you know if someone else has? Thanks Tony

[Fredric - 2006/05/12] How do you explain this? "When I start the computer with _only_ VGA and connect DVI when Windows is running I get image on both displays. I can choose Single Display, Clone, Vertical Span, Horizontal Span. But _Dual View_ is not available in the drop down box. This is not acceptable since I want to use 1024x768 on VGA and 1280x720 on DVI." Why is "dual view" not even available in the drop-down box?

[Fredric - 2006/05/12] I have some additional information, perhaps you can help me out now. I connected a "Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP 24 inch widescreen" through DVI and kept the 8 inch LCD on the VGA connection. All issues dissapeared. BIOS looks fine when I start the computer with both screens and I get dual view in windows without any problems. So we can rule out power supply problems. Back to the problem: I now suspect that the driver doesn't want to enable dual view on the Panasonic projector via DVI->HDMI since the projector tells the driver that it wants HDTV resolutions. But I want the projector to use 1280x720@50 Hz or 1280x720@60 Hz like a regular display with dual view enabled. Can I force the projector to be used like a regular display (like the Dell I just tried) and not like a HDTV screen? It will not solve the corrupt BIOS screen, but I can live with that as long as dual-view works in Windows!

[TONY - 2006/05/14] Hi, yes, display options can vary with hardware combinations, but you can select extended desktop and then adjust the width of the primary display to obtain dual-display. But have you or anyone else altered the BIOS? Thanks Tony

[Fredric - 2006/05/14] The card has not been modified in any way. The card is new, straight out of the retail box. The problem remains, current status: If I start the computer with both VGA and DVI connected to projector I get only black on both displays. No image. BIOS is scrambled at start, cannot even enter it to change anything. Startup image looks more like 80's pac-man than the graphic logo it should be and when entering BIOS it's just black. If I start the computer including windows with only VGA and connect DVI as well when windows is up and running I can do clone, vertical and horizontal span, but not dual display (which is needed). The option isn't available in the drop down box you see. If I start the computer with only VGA connected and insert the DVI cable after BIOS has been run but before windows has started I get clone mode per default but I can select dual view in the drop down box and everything works the way it's supposed to, VGA running 1024x768@60 Hz and DVI running 1280x720@50 Hz. But it's a real pain to have to disconnect/connect the cabling when I start the computer. Should just have to turn it on, not fiddle with it every time I start it. I mean I can do that, but my girlfriend... It's just supposed to work!

[TONY - 2006/05/15] Hi, thanks for the extra information, must admit, it is very odd, clearly the card itself is ok, I would suspect PSU or mainboard, but also worth trying different driver versions, try 77.72, 77.77 or 81.98 from ftp://www.xfxsupport.com/public/driver/ and let us know if this helps. Thanks Tony

Permalänk

Vad har du för PSU?

Permalänk
Medlem

låter inte som PSU problem, låter med som att projjen och kortet inte "förstår" varandra rätt eftersom det fungerade när du testade en annan skärm.

Visa signatur

Ryzen 5900X @ Stock, MSI Suprim X 3080 @ game mode.

Permalänk

Tyckte väl knappast att deras support på något vis var dålig dock?
Tvärtom var de mer tillmötesgående än många andra supportavdelningar jag stött på.

Visa signatur

AMD Opteron 146 @ 2870 MHz, Abit KN8-SLI, Crucial BallistiX PC3200 2x512 MB @ 480 MHz 2.5-2-2-6, WD 320 GB SATA2, GeForce 7600GT 256 MB
Intel Pentium 4 @ 2200 MHz, Random MSI-skräp, TwinMOS PC3200 2x512 MB, 250 GB, 300 GB, 60 GB, 80 GB, GeForce Ti4200 64 MB
MacBook Pro 15.4", Core 2 Duo T7700 @ 2400 MHz, 2x1024 MB, 160 GB, GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB

Permalänk
Medlem

Hårdvaruspec:
mCubed hfX Media PC Kabinett Svart
ABIT KN8-SLI,nForce4 SLI, Socket-939,
Samsung SpinPoint P120S 250GB SATA2
Corsair Value S. PC3200 DDR-DIMM 1024MB kit
Seasonic S12 Nätaggregat 330W, 120mm
Sony DVD-spelare IDE 16x/40x Svart
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.8GHz Socket 939
Lilliput 8" LCD 809GL-80NP/T Touch
XFX GeForce 6600LE 256MB Passive Cooling

330W borde verkligen inte vara något problem för den här. Inget överklockat såklart, inga extra kort i HTPC:n utom grafikkortet.

Vad jag menar med att de är dåliga är att det hävdar samma sak om och om igen utan att fundera på om det faktiskt är ett rimligt svar. Trevliga förvisso, men teknisk kompetens saknas ju som vanligt.

Permalänk
Medlem

hur många amp ger agget på 12 volts linan?

Visa signatur

Ryzen 5900X @ Stock, MSI Suprim X 3080 @ game mode.