Permalänk
Medlem

bootable usb

Jag ska flasha mitt moderkort och eftersom jag inte har nån diskettenhet vill jag kunna boota från mitt usbminne.. jag hittar usbminnet i bios.. men hur ska jag sen göra?

vet att det finns en massa trådar men hittar inte svaret någonstans.. det står att man ska skapa bootsectors..men har inte fått det att funka :s

Visa signatur

AMD 64 3000+ Venice @ 2,6 | Sapphire ATI Radeon x550 128MB | Samsung 512MB PC3200 | Maxtor 6Y080PO 80GB | ASrock 939dual-SATA2 | LITE-ON SOHW-1693S DVD Dual-Layer | Atrix C9002-C43 Miditower Black/Silver ATX | Hansol p900

Permalänk
Medlem

jag har skrivit om det flera ggr i forumet....

för att göra ditt USBminne bootbart

här kommer en beskrivning dock på engelska denna gången
(sök på mig i forumet om du vill ha det på svenska)

...How To...

(All things are done by You, dont blaim me if you mess things up, You do it on Your own risk)
I will try to explain step by step How you can configure your precious USB-memory to to be bootable and how to add all your favourite applications.
If you dont know anything about bios, please dont do anything as you can mess things up really bad.
Lets get started.. (i assume you have all things by now, even a cup of coffe like me...)

Reboot computer and enter Bios verify that you have boot from USB-zip as 1st boot option.
(If you do you can continue reading, if you dont, too bad - i cant help you atm, see you next time)
Exit bios(save changes), Insert floppy and reboot again.
When you see the computer POST press ESC to exit Boot menu (if you have any)
If not then wait for floppy to boot (boot without cdrom support as it isnt needed right now)
When in Dos type b: to check if your USB-memory is loaded (mine is d: - yours might be different)
If you get access to b: then it propbaly is right, verify driveletter by checking available space with Dir command. (Dir command shows the files and folders as well as available / occupied space)
As you know how big your USB-memory is its easy to verify that you are on the right drive
Change to a: and type sys b: to transfer system files (if that was the correct driveletter)
Try to reboot and press esc during post, choose USB-zip in boot menu and press enter.
If you have done it right your computer should boot from your USB-memory to Dos
Eject floppy and reboot once again but into windows this time (leave USB-memory plugged in)
When in Windows insert floppy again and copy all files from floppy to USB-memory.
If done properly you now have a bootable USB.memory and you can add whatever applications you might need.

Check out mine in the Addons section and / or download the files in download section.
/UndCon

sååå - det kräver att du har en floppy iallafall

Visa signatur

Har varit på detta forum på tok för länge...